The Best DIY Home Security SystemsThe Top Do It Yourself Home Security Systems of 2021
If you are looking to find the Best DIY Home Security System, you need to look no further.
Our Top 3 Best DIY Home Alarm Systems provide you with compelling and unique advantages that will fit nearly any prospective buyer’s criteria for a professionally monitored DIY Security System.
Whether you are looking to keep upfront and monthly costs down, the industry’s best customer service or the widest selection of the most state of the art security and home automation equipment, each of our top DIY home security providers has distinguished themselves within the industry.
Frontpoint – Best DIY Alarm System Overall
- A+ BBB Rating
- 30 Day Risk Free Trial
- 100% Wireless System
- Landline Unavailable
Link Interactive – Best Tech Support for DIY Home Security Systems
- A+ BBB Rating
- Equipment Selection
- Extensive Experience
- Self Install Only
SimpliSafe – Lowest DIY Security System Monitoring Rate
Features of the Best DIY Home Security System
- Installation – One of the first things to decide is who will be installing the system. DIY alarm systems are wireless, so professional installation isn’t necessary. They are easy to install as there are no holes, drilling, or fishing wires. As a matter of fact, the best DIY home security systems won’t require any programming. DIY alarm companies, such as Frontpoint, will preprogram the components before they ship them out to you. Essentially, all you have to do is place the sensors and phone in to have the system activated. The entire process should take less than an hour.
- Equipment Cost – Upfront equipment costs vary greatly from company to company. Unmonitored systems will typically have much higher upfront costs. The best DIY home security systems are available with very competitive monthly fees for professional monitoring. They will typically have a basic security system that includes a base station and astarter kit for around $100. Creating smart home security systems should be relatively affordable with reasonable pricing on add on equipment. When it comes to protecting your home and family, it is prudent to select a company with an established track record that uses reliable components.
- Professional Monitoring Services – While not all companies require professional monitoring, the best wireless security systems will provide 24/7 around the clock protection from trained professionals. Otherwise, you would have to be available 24 hours a day to respond to any emergency. For a dollar or two a day, professional monitoring gives you the peace of mind that a trained professional is watching over your home and family 24/7…365.
- Mobile App – The best DIY home security companies enable one to manage your system with a mobile app through your home wi-fi network. This allows you the ability to control the system remotely from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. You can arm or disarm the system, get notification of alarm activity…even turn on lights or appliances-right from your smartphone.
- Home Automation – The best DIY home security systems provide a number of home automation features that add comfort and convenience to your day to day living. They can be armed and disarmed through your mobile app. You can automate heating and cooling systems, control lighting and appliances, unlock doors with smart locks remotely and keep an eye on the kids with indoor and outdoor security cameras.
- Portability – DIY alarm systems can be easily expanded, moved, or reconfigured as your needs change. When comparing DIY home security systems, flexibility is a key advantage.
The Best DIY Home Security Systems – Video Summary
Best DIY Home Security Systems - Transcript
The Best DIY Home Security Systems
If you are looking for The Best DIY Security Systems with the most competitive monitoring rates…you are in luck!
We have compiled a list for Savvy security shoppers that are looking for the best DIY home alarm companies that can offer nationwide service.
The following make up our top 3 DIY home security systems.
#1 Best Overall DIY Home Security System – Frontpoint Security
Best known for their industry-leading customer service, Frontpoint delivers top-notch DIY Security Systems and competitive rates- with NO Long-Term Contracts!
#2 Best Tech Support for DIY Security System – Link Interactive
The parent company, Mountain Alarm has 60 years of experience to make sure that your DIY security system is installed right. Link Interactive Home Security has a full lineup of equipment at extremely competitive prices.
#3 Lowest Monitoring Rates for DIY Alarm Systems -SimpliSafe Security
An award-winning DIY home alarm system with a solid track record and low monitoring rates-starting at just $14.99!
So there you have it… Our Top 3 picks for the best wireless home security companies.
If you want more in-depth information on any of the companies …. Visit us at The Home Security Advisor.
To determine the best security systems for YOUR needs…
Compare, Click or Call below.
Features of the Best DIY Home Alarm Systems
The hub of most DIY alarm systems is the central control panel. It manages all the sensors and sends a signal to the monitoring station when an alarm occurs. Panels equipped with touchscreens provide next generation features and intuitive functionality.
Magnetic sensors equipped with transmitters are typically placed at the doors and most vulnerable windows. If the entrance is breached, a siren is activated and the control panel alerts the monitoring center.
Interior sensors such as motion detectors and glass break sensors provide a second level of protection – in the event that an intruder gains entry at an unprotected window. Cover larger areas with minimal expense.
Most DIY alarms offer option video cameras that can record events, remotely monitor what goes on when you are away and even notify you when there is activity.
Advanced wireless security systems can include environmental sensors that can provide protection from Fire, CO, Flooding and Frozen Pipes.
Sensors can be set up to notify one if pool gates, medicine cabinets, gun cabinets or office drawers are opened….without setting off an alarm to the monitoring center.
Mobile apps enable one to control the system from a smart phone, tablet or computer when one is away from the home. One can set up notifications to be sent when there is activity.
Modern wireless home security systems can be equipped with home automation technology that can enable one to turn on lights, unlock doors and manage heat and energy systems.
Most of the best DIY alarm systems offer professional cellular monitoring services. Because there are no phone lines that can be cut, it is the most secure means of communication.
Best DIY Home Security Systems Reviews
Features that Make Frontpoint Security the Best DIY Home Security System
Outstanding Consumer Experience– Although there are lots of providers that manage an A or A+ BBB rating…there seem to be only a few which come near to outperforming user requirements such as Frontpoint. Internet testimonials, as well as comments on review websites, tend to be extremely favorable not to mention 94% of their buyers would definitely recommend them. Compared with the majority of its competitors, the marketing approach is normally low key without any pressure.
100% Wireless- Frontpoint provides only the most dependable products including reputable GE Simon XT wireless equipment (as well as available Qolsys upgrade) set up standard using 100% cellular monitoring. This approach prevents the potential for cutting the telephone as well as cable lines in order to disable transmission to the monitoring center.
Superior Engineering and Monitoring Capabilities – In addition to their extensive menu of available security, surveillance and home automation products, Frontpoint delivers technologically advanced solutions as part of the Interactive monitoring services. Powered by Alarm.com, Frontpoint solutions incorporate “Crash and Smash” protection as well as Geo-Location Solutions. The first one makes sure that the monitoring company will be notified even though the system is destroyed…and the second makes it possible for innovative system automation capability dependent on GPS cellular locations.
Transparency along with Integrity– In contrast to a lot of security web sites, Frontpoint sets their cards on the table. Costs are clear and there aren’t any tricks or hidden charges. These folks are so very certain that they feature the most effective home alarm system out there that they’ll back it by their No Hassle Thirty Day Money-back Guarantee- without any shipping charges (either way) without any restocking charge!
NO Contracts or Credit Checks – That’s right. New for 2020. Frontpoint no longer requires a credit check or long-term contracts.
Frontpoint delivers exceptional customer support as well as one of the finest Do-it-yourself security alarm solutions in the marketplace. They back your equipment using a 30 Day Full Money Back Guarantee and offer a complete equipment selection that features surveillance cameras as well as energy management.
Check out our comprehensive investigation in our Frontpoint Security Review or give them a call for a free, no-obligation quote.
Link Interactive Security
What We Like About Link Interactive DIY Alarm Systems
Exceptional Track Record – Although these folks might not be a household brand (yet), Link Interactive is undoubtedly carving out a position in most Top Five Best Home Security Company lists. Link Home Security is the DIY alarm division of Mountain Alarm. They are a regional security provider that has an A+ BBB ranking as well as Sixty years’ experience with the sales and installation of home security systems. They enjoy a 98% client approval score.
Diverse Equipment and Monitoring Capabilities – Link Interactive Alarm systems showcase the most up-to-date 2 Gig Technologies wireless hardware, combined with feature-rich monitoring solutions. Link Interactive monitoring incorporates all of Alarm.com’s innovative capabilities which include: Crash and Smash Protection, Geo-Location Services…as well as 2-way voice supervision.
Straightforward, Competitively-priced Monitoring Fees – Along with extremely aggressive monitoring terms, Link Home Security keeps it very simple in terms of their packages. Their “basic” Gold Plan includes cellular monitoring, all Alarm.com interactive services, and full home automation for one low price-$30.99 a month. Want video? No Problem…just $5/mo. More.
Link Home Security delivers fantastic customer support as well as one of the most comprehensive security and home automation programs in the business.
They’re among the finest DIY security system providers mainly because they provide a wide-ranging hardware selection and incredibly competitive monitoring packages. They feature the top-rated Alarm.com interactive solutions along with Crash and Smash protection and 2-way voice authentication.
For an in-depth analysis, read our Link Home Security Reviews or get a FREE Quote and get details about the reasons why Link Home Security is considered one of the best home security companies of 2020.
SimpliSafe Security – No Contract Wireless Home Security System with Lowest Rates
Things We Like About the SimpliSafe Security Wireless Home Security System
SimpliSafe Keeps it Simple
They separated themselves from the rest of the pack of our best wireless alarm companies by providing affordable equipment and low monthly monitoring rates-with no contract required.
SimpliSafe has over 10 years of experience and has helped hundreds of thousands of customers get affordable protection by offering an easy to install wireless home alarm system that won’t break the bank.
What Wireless Alarm System buyers like about SimpliSafe:
- Affordable Up Front Pricing – With basic security systems starting around $200 SimpliSafe makes it affordable for virtually anyone to get started with a home security system
- Low Basic Monitoring Rates– If you are on a budget, and don’t need all the bells and whistles, SimpliSafe has monitoring rates as low as $14.99.
- No Contracts Required – Unlike many of the best home security companies-SimpliSafe does not require a contract.
What they don’t like:
- Limited Home Automation – SimpliSafe does not have Z-Wave compatibility. This limits the integration of 3rd party home automation products. So, you won’t be able to integrate those Ring alarm components into the SimpliSafe system.
- Proprietary Equipment – SimpliSafe manufactures its own line of equipment. It is not compatible with other ecosystems or monitoring services. So if you want to take advantage of more advanced management apps such as Alarm.com or an alternative monitoring service…you will have to start from scratch.
SimpliSafe offers an affordable, easy to install DIY Security System.
They offer basic equipment packages, with affordable equipment costs, monitoring options, a 60-Day Return Policy, and a 3 Year Warranty.
Designing the Best DIY Home Security System
Of course, the best DIY home security starts with a DIY alarm system that meets your your needs at a competitive price. However, the best DIY Security systems contain many of the following features.
- Perimeter Protection – The first stage on your design plan should be setting up a secure perimeter. DIY home security companies recommend that you do everything you can to prevent potential intruders from targeting your home. This includes setting up yard signs, window stickers, and security cameras. Sensors should be installed on all doors as well as any vulnerable windows. Many of the best DIY home security systems will also include smart door locks which can be controlled through the smartphone app.
- Interior Protection – A good DIY alarm system will also include a second line of defense, to detect an intruder if they get past the perimeter protection. Basic packages from all the major DIY security systems will include motion sensors. These will cover a lot of area and are great way to protect high-value items and/or larger areas with lots of windows. For additional protection you can also install keypads or panic buttons in an office or bedroom. Many of the best DIY security systems even have voice control or work with Google or Alexa so that you can control the system with voice commands.
- Asset Protection- Additional sensors can even be set up to monitor other areas of interest such as gun cabinets or an office that contains sensitive information. Top DIY home security systems let you configure individual sensors as “non-reporting. This means that if the sensor is triggered, the system will send a notification through the smartphone app, without setting off the alarm.
- Environmental Protection – The best DIY security systems can also include protection from environmental dangers such as fire, carbon monoxide, flooding or freezing. Top-rated DIY home alarm systems have different sensors for each of these applications.
- Home Automation- The best DIY home security systems can be the central hub for home automation. DIY alarm systems can manage lighting, surveillance cameras, heating and AC systems, doors and garage door openers- all in one place. Top DIY security systems control essentially any smart home device or home automation function at the touch of a button.
So, what is the best DIY home security system for you? That depends on your priorities and budget. But follow these tips and best DIY home security practices… and regardless of which company you select, you will be taking many steps to providing your family with the best DIY home security available!
Top 5 Ways to Customize the Best DIY Home Security Systems
Before deciding on how to best customize your DIY alarm system, make sure that the company you select can provide the equipment you require for a fully customized and cost-effective system. For a truly custom install and to get the most bang for your buck, make sure the system you choose has the versatility and can accommodate all or most of the multi-function components described below.
1 The best DIY home security companies oﬀer a full line of “take-over” devices that allow you to upgrade your current security equipment to the most advanced system available. If you are upgrading a system with a fair amount of existing equipment, this is an important consideration.
2 Top DIY alarm companies offer multiple specialized sensor options for your doors and windows include recessed, plunger, and bypass – providing custom solutions for nearly any installation scenario.
3 It is optimal to be able to open and close your garage door with the same keyfob you use for your DIY Security system. You can also control it with a smartphone thanks to Z-wave products that interface with most garage door brands.
4 Protect your home from frozen and broken water pipes and furnace and air conditioning failure with this multi-purpose sensor. Check to see if multi-function sensors are available with your DIY system.
5 Triple-duty detectors can activate your do-it-yourself alarm system when it senses smoke and high and low temperatures.
Best Home Security Comparison Chart
- Equipment Package
- Get More Info
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Basic Equipment Package
- Best Price Guarrantee
- Term of Contract
- Monthly Monitoring Rates
- Locked in Rate
- 2 Way Intercom
- Crash and Smash
- Geo-Location Services
- GPS Vehicle Tracking
- Mobile Phone App
- Notification Alerts
- Home Automation
- Live Video Monitoring
- Equipment Warranty
- Return Policy
Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to Like or Share – our Top 3 Best DIY Security Systems of 2021.
Best Home Security Systems
Side by Side Comparisons of the Top Security Systems
Last Updated on September 21, 2021 by The Home Security Advisor